Aims and Purposes
Me4mental is a voluntary non profit organisation set up to provide support to individuals with mental health issues and to make an impact on the rate of suicide in Derry/Londonderry and remove the stigma surrounding mental health.
Objectives and Activities
The main activities and objectives of Me4mental are:
- The advancement of mental health and hopefully the saving of lives by the provision of a drop-in centre that deals with mental health issues and providing help for individuals that find themselves in a mental health crisis aged eighteen or over, in Derry/Londonderry area.
- The advancement of education of the general public throughout Derry/Londonderry of mental health issues and suicide and to remove the stigma around mental health.
We hope to achieve our aims by providing a number of services:
- Mental Health Support Groups
- Listening Ear Service – both face to face and over the phone
- Mental Health Advocacy Service
- Enrichment Programs
- Online Mental Health Support Group
- Step it up Project – Intervention for Suicide Prevention